http://www.2030wrg.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/300-WB-2030wrg-logos.png 0 0 Julia Cadaval Martins http://www.2030wrg.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/300-WB-2030wrg-logos.png Julia Cadaval Martins2017-05-24 20:14:582017-07-14 06:34:34Karnataka MSP Steering Board launch
- The Government of Karnataka (GOK) and 2030WRG launched the Karnataka Multi-Stakeholder Platform for Water (MSP-Water) on May 23, 2017 in Bangalore, with the first meeting of the Steering Board, chaired by the Chief Secretary, GOK.
- The meeting included participation of (select list only):
- Government departmental heads (e.g. Principal Secretary, Water Resources; Additional Chief Secretary, Urban Development; Additional Chief Secretary, Industries and Commerce);
- Key private sector partners (e.g. Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Karnataka State Council; President, Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI)); and
- Civil society/ academia (e.g. Arghyam, Indian Institute of Science)
- The MSP-Water Steering Board resolved to (a) launch pilot projects for the drip irrigation in sugarcane program; (b) formulate a project implementation unit (PIU) for acceleration of market linkages and agri-water PPPs in drip irrigated areas; and (c) accelerate cabinet approval for the policy on municipal wastewater reuse, among other areas.
- The meeting highlighted, in particular to the government representatives, the transformative nature of this initiative, with many of the public sector counterparts commending the focus on PPPs and partnership-based solutions in the sector. As an endorsement of the high-level and catalytic action plan the state aims to achieve through this platform, the MSP-Water Steering Board was decided to be convened quarterly.