Managing Director, World Economic Forum / Co-Chair, 2030 WRG Steering Board
- 1994-98, inaugural Natural Resource Economist, UK Natural Environment Research Council Institute of Hydrology; 1998-2005, with the international consultancy Environmental Resources Management, and from 2002, Managing Partner. Since 2006, with the World Economic Forum; joined as inaugural Director, Environmental Initiatives; from 2013, Head of Public Private Partnership, Member of the Executive Committee; and since May 2018, Head of Center for Global Public Goods, with responsibility for World Economic Forum collaboration with the international community on delivering partnerships for the Sustainable Development Goals. Since 2020, Managing Director.
- Affiliations include Associate Fellow, Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House); Visiting Scholar, Stanford University Woods Institute for the Environment; Senior Fellow, World Resources Institute; Special Adviser, China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED); Trustee, The Clean Air Fund; Governing Board Member CGIAR International Water Management Institute (IWMI).
- Master’s in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, University College London (England)
- Honors Degree in Geography, Cambridge University (England)
- International Fellow, IIED
- Associate Fellow, Royal Institute of International Affairs
- Trustee, The Climate Group
- Member, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Momentum for Change Advisory Panel
- Resource scarcity (water-food-energy linkages)
- Water security
- Climate change and green investment
- Sustainable production and consumption