Location: Mumbai, India (Remote working)
ANNEX A (Include Procurement Code)
Background / General Description:
The 2030 Water Resources Group (2030 WRG) is a public, private, civil society global multi-donor trust fund hosted by the World Bank Group (WBG). 2030 WRG supports stakeholders in collective decision making, and in co-designing out-of-the-box solutions that promote strong socio-economic development across all sectors connected to water. The partnership was incubated at the World Economic Forum (2008–2012) and formally administered by the International Finance Corporation (2012–2017) before being hosted by the WBG (2018).
2030 WRG approach
2030 WRG is a global leader in building partnerships for better water management. Overcoming the world’s water crisis requires governments, the private sector, and civil society to innovate and solve problems together. The partnership promotes collective action to value water as a finite resource, building enduring partnerships for action at local, national, regional, and global levels. With more than 900 partners around the world, 2030 WRG’s cross-cutting platforms help to drive systemic change and advance transformative leadership of institutions. The partnership develops innovative solutions to water challenges that are fair, practical, and evidence-based – and 2030 WRG mobilizes finance to support ground-breaking projects.
2030 WRG is a trusted partner for governments, businesses, and civil society. The partnership provides neutral, multi-stakeholder platforms for these groups to work together to build mutual trust and develop innovative solutions. 2030 WRG has facilitated over US $ 890 million in investments in infrastructure and technology for water-related programs. Together with its partners, 2030 WRG works to: encourage society to value water better, improve water-use efficiency, promote the use of recycled wastewater, unlock investment for ground-breaking projects, and improve data quality and availability for informed decision-making.
The 2030 WRG is active in 18 countries and states, including India (in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh and India National), Bangladesh, Mongolia, Peru, Kenya, Vietnam among others. In May 2017, 2030 WRG in partnership with the Government of Maharashtra, private sector companies, and civil society organizations formalized a Water Multi-Stakeholder Partnership (MSP), chaired by the Chief Secretary with the following workstreams:
- Water and Livelihood Security in Rain-fed Agricultural Areas
- Command Area Water Productivity
- Wastewater Reuse and Management
- Industrial Water Security and Efficiency
In addition to the four workstreams mentioned above, 2030 WRG is spearheading four cross-cutting initiatives related to Gender-Water-Agriculture, Water Accounting, Alternative Financing and Disruptive Technologies for the water sector. In all of the above-mentioned work themes, the 2030 WRG team brings innovations in support of its primary mission of promoting water use efficiency.
The 2030 WRG Maharashtra Program plans to increase its visibility and outreach, towards widening the presence and participation of the public sector, private sector and civil society organizations to work on various initiatives in the agri-water, industrial-water and urban water landscape in Maharashtra. It plans to do so through a coordinated and collaborative strategy to communicate about the progress of initiatives of the MSP through multiple channels, organize more knowledge sharing and awareness building events and webinars to invite multi-stakeholder participation, create more content for online and digital media. In order to support this plan, 2030 WRG is looking for a Communication Consultant based in Mumbai .
Scope of Work:
The Communications Consultant will report to the 2030 WRG Maharashtra Coordinator and will work in close coordination with the India Country Coordinator, and the Asia communications focal point on deliverables in communications related activities. The 2030 WRG Maharashtra team will provide technical and other support as necessary for the tasks mentioned below:
Task 1 : Create a Content Calendar for the year covering all aspects of content including Newsletters, Blogs, Videos etc. along with communication creatives that can be used to engage, re-engage with MSP and other partners. Map communication strategies of other similar organization and trends.
Task 2: Develop and disseminate quarterly Newsletters of the Maharashtra Program to its partners and stakeholders
Task 3: Support in the development of blogs, articles, reports, concept notes, publications, videos and marketing collateral along with media agencies / outlets and 2030 WRG Global Comms team to amplify and socialize the initiatives of the Maharashtra Program.
Task 4: Support in organizing Webinars, online events and support in the creation of associated pre and post event material related to workstreams and taskforce meetings within the Maharashtra Program
Task 5: Develop and implement a social media plan, in consultation with the Maharashtra Coordinator and support in creation of relevant content and maintain existing social media accounts for the program. Ensure good maintenance and updating of social media handles in collaboration with Asia Team
Task 6: Support the 2030 WRG India team on any specific Communications related outreach or related programs from time to time
Duration of Contract:
This is a Short Term Consultant Contract and will commence from July 1st, 2021 to June 30th, 2022. The assignment will be for an initial period of 75 days and extendable as per requirement and review of deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7-10 years of professional experience in the corporate/development sector, in a relevant discipline (communication, marketing, journalism, media), of which at least 3years should be in the development or social sector
- Proven writing and speaking skills in English, Hindi and Marathi and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Demonstrated competency in social media (Twitter, LinkedIn), information channels, and communication tools and ability to assist, consult or coordinate with others to ensure proper communication of the program and its activities.
- Experience in and/or demonstrated proficiency in content management, writing/ storytelling for designing communications products, including social media assets, with a purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and the logical persuasive presentation of content
- Knowledge and experience in the distribution, design, and delivery of communications products and in other information dissemination activities
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Experience in and/or demonstrated proficiency at a level sufficient to assist, consult and coordinate in the planning, development, and execution of communication strategies for projects and situations.
- A degree in marketing with proven working experience in the digital marketing and communication space desirable
- Knowledge of online tools such as WordPress and Mailchimp desirable.
Regarding the application process, please find the instructions below:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, and list of at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than Saturday, July 10, 2021.Kindly use the subject line “2030 WRG Maharashtra Communications Consultant”.